Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

VAMPIRE ASSASSIN by Samantha Warren - A REVIEW

Vampire Assassin (Jane)Vampire Assassin by Samantha Warren
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

In Vampire Assassin, Samantha Warren begins the story by talking about some man named Bob and giving a complete description of him. It happens that the narrator of this book is a vampire that hires herself out as an assassin and her target is this Bob fellow, who by all accounts is a cheating, scumbag. Apparently the wife has arranged in some way to have the assassin take care of Bob and he is found dead just as planned by the wife.

OK...I like vampire novels pretty well. But this one felt very stilted. The language is way too conversational. At some points, the author is even explaining why she said or did something. Vampire Assassin is billed as a short novella....but it is more like a serial read and this one installment is like maybe the first 3 or 4 chapters.

Lets just say, I did not enjoy the story line or the writing. Just my own opinion.

This book was recommended to me by a friend...so as you can see some people do like the story line.





View all my reviews

No comments: