Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Lens and the Looker (The Verona Trilogy, #1)The Lens and the Looker by Lory S. Kaufman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Title: The Lens and the Looker
Author: Lory S. Kaufman
Publisher: The Fiction Studio


The Lens and the Looker is the first book in a trilogy by Lory S. Kaufman. I won the second book from Goodreads and didn't want to read it until I had read the book 1.

This book is about 24th century humans that with the help of artificial intelligence have created the perfect post-dystopian society. In this book we first meet with three teenagers Hansum who is almost 17, Shamira who is 15, and Lincoln who is 14. These three are what the elders in the 24th century call "hard cases" and have elected to send them to History Camp where they can learn some valuable lessons. However, while at History Camp the teens are kidnapped by a rogue ex-elder of History Camp and actually taken back into the past to 1347 in Verona, Italy. These teens have two choices at this point. They can either adapt to the lifestyle or die.

I'm not going to give any spoilers...but let me tell you...after i got past the first few pages that seemed a little slow for me..I didn't want to put this book down. The characters are so well-developed that I could visualize them taking part int he activities described in the story. I would definitely recommend this book.

Oh yeah.....and now I can grab the The Bronze and the Brimstone (the 2nd of the series) and begin to read more about the three teanagers and their adventures.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this review are my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments: