Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Bronze and the Brimstone (Verona Trilogy #2) - Lory S. Kaufman

The Bronze and the Brimstone (The Verona Trilogy #2)The Bronze and the Brimstone by Lory S. Kaufman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is so good I finished it in one day....I just couldn't put it down! Awesome! Can't wait for the the next book!!!

I would like to point out at this time....I don't give 5 stars unless the book is life changing in some way....if I give a book 4 stars....it is pretty awesome.

Title: The Bronze and the Brimstone (Verona Trilogy #2)
Author: Lory S. Kaufman
Publisher: The Fiction Studio


The Bronze and the Brimstone is the second book in the series of the Verona Trilogy by Lory S. Kaufman. This book picks up right where the first book, The Lens and the Looker, ends. Hansum, Shamira, and Lincoln are three teens that are from the 24th century and are trapped in the 14th century Verona, Italy.

The teens have experienced and survived many dangerous instances and have been noticed by the rich and powerful of the day by introducing futuristic technology into the past. In the book, Kaufman weaves the teens through many dangerous trials and tribulations and we watch them all grow and mature into responsible adults. Ok…they are still teens, but remember they are in the 14th century and things are much harder then and people grew up a lot faster. This book ends when the Black Death was sweeping across the area. Kaufman gives us an unexpected twist at the end of this book that makes us want to read the next one!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who loves sci-fi, fantasy fiction. But let me say this….it is historical. Both book 1 & 2 are set in Verona Italy in the 14th century. Up to this point there hasn’t been a lot of information given about the 24th century except in the first few little chapters of book 1. However, I’m fine with that. I love historical fiction!

BTW…there is a third book (hence trilogy). It is called The Loved and the Lost…and I CANNOT wait to get my hands on a copy!!!!

DISCLAIMER: This book was provided to me through the Goodreads First Reads Program for an honest review whether positive or negative.

View all my reviews

No comments: