Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Storm Born #1 & #2 - Graphic Novel - Richelle Mead

Dark Swan Storm Born ComicDark Swan Storm Born Comic by Richelle Mead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was my first time hearing about the Storm Born series. However, it is so colorful and enticing that I am looking forward to reading more.

Eugenie has the ability to send the "gentry" back to where they belong. Her father who is now retired has taught her well but still worries about her. He still provides her with much information, help, and a source of inner strength.

The only flaws I saw with the book is that some of the flow of dialogue and such seemed to be confusing at times.
I have not read this series before and some of the scenes didn't seem to have enough to flesh it out. It really seems to me there is more to the scenes that what is seen in this graphic novel.


Once finished with this one, I immediately went on and read the 2nd in the series as this was so short. I am looking forward to reading the books these comics evolved from.


and
Richelle Mead's Storm Born issue #2 regular coverRichelle Mead's Storm Born issue #2 regular cover by Richelle Mead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book picked right up where book 1 left off. So, we still have Eugenie fighting otherworldly creatures. In this book Eugenie further contemplates whether she will cross over to the other world to try and save the young girl that has been kidnapped.

Eugenie learns that her new "love" has some things to hide...but she isn't sure yet what the things are. She has noticed an increase in the other world inhabitants that seem to have taken an increased interest in her sexually.


I think the second issue of Storm Born is better than the first as it allows the reader to learn more about Eugenie and how she thinks.


I look forward to reading more in this series.
View all my reviews

No comments: