Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Alone and Alive by Janet Boyanton - A Review

Alone and Alive: A practical guide for dealing with the death of your HusbandAlone and Alive: A practical guide for dealing with the death of your Husband by Janet Boyanton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Alone and Alive a practical guide for dealing with the death of your husband by Janet Boyanton is one of the most useful and down to earth self-help books that I have read in quite a while. Boyanton is a practicing probate attorney in Texas and writes about how her life was changed in an instant when her husband died suddenly.



In Alone and Alive, Boyanton addresses such issues as finances, children’s grief, probate, living arrangement, legal documents and even dating. She not only gives her personal insights on these issues but also concrete advice on how to deal with the loss. Throughout the book, Boyanton repeats one particular piece of advice that she says she gives all of her clients and that is:

Wait a year before making life-changing decisions.

Another one of the fabulous facets of this book is that in the appendix of the book, Boyanton has provided many different worksheets and forms to assist in getting all of your affairs in order.



I know this book was written to help widows who have lost their husbands. However, mine is still very much alive and let me tell you….I feel this book is not only for the widows, but for all women who want to make sure they know what needs to be done in this situation. Reading Alone and Alive really got me to thinking. It is time for my husband and I too take a look at all of the legal issues….such as wills, probates in our state, etc.



I was provided with this book by Janet Boyanton through the Goodreads ‘First Reads’ program. I was not required to write a review, much less a favorable review. The views I have expressed here are my own.





View all my reviews

No comments: