Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Changeling Dawn by Dani Harper - A REVIEW

Changeling Dawn (Changeling, #3)Changeling Dawn by Dani Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a review of an ARC sent to me by Kensington Publishing that according to the front cover is due to be released January 2012.

In Changeling Dawn, Dani Harper weaves a story line about some paranormal creatures she calls changelings or werewolves.

This is not your everyday werewolf story line. Changeling Dawn has romance, kidnapping, and murder...along with some mystery and intrigue.

The story opens with a very young Kenzie Macleod running for her life away of some hunters when all of a sudden she shifts into her wolf form. While Kenzie suffers a traumatic experience, she isn't caught by the hunters and lives to grow into young woman who holds two doctorates. She is an accomplished and well-known archaeologist who has learned since her childhood experience with the hunters not to trust humans.

Kenzie's family or pack live in Canada and are hassling her to find a mate and settle down. She insists she doesn't need anyone and is happy just the way she is.

For me this book started out a little slow and bulky with all the back story being added at the front. It seemed a little top-heavy. However, after it moved on into chapter two, things began to pick up.

This book is not for children....it has several scenes throughout the book after Kenzie meets Josh that are rather sizzling....after all she is a changeling and there senses run a little hotter than humans....at least according to Dani Harper.

All jokes aside, I did love the book once I got past the first couple chapters and the sizzling scenes did not detract from the story line at all...as a matter of fact, I felt they moved it along quite nicely.

I would definitely recommend Changeling Dawn by Dani Harper to my friends.

This book was provided to me free of charge for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments: