Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Trip to the Tupelo, MS Flea Market

Today my husband and I decided we would make the three hour trip to the Tupelo, MS Flea Market just to have something to do. So about 7:30 am, we left the house and traveled in that direction. Of course, we took the scenic route....yes...we went up the Natchez Trace Parkway. It was such a deliciously delightful morning drive. Now...to be perfectly honest, in the past couple years the flea market has really not been a productive trip for us. Meaning...we usually don't find anything we want or need. Today really wasn't much different.......EXCEPT....that I met author Pat Brannon at the flea market. She had a table set up and was autographing her books. In case you don't know who Pat Brannon is....her is a bit of a blurb about her from her own web page....www.patbrannon.com

Award-winning Christian poet, children’s author, singer, songwriter, speaker, encourager, and best-selling author in the Authors to Believe In Book Club, Pat Brannon is a lady you want to meet, even though you may not know it yet. Actually, Pat is the next person you want to invite to your school, church or community event. She does a highly visual, attention-getting, eye-opening character education presentation for all ages on the evils of bullying. Pat entertains and educates her audiences all at the same time.

Now...while I was waiting on dear sweet husband to finish his rounds in the flea market, I sat down and read one of the books I purchased from MS Brannon. Here is my Review of that book!

Food Fight FrenzyFood Fight Frenzy by Pat Brannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book, Food Fight Frenzy by Pat Brannon is so cute and has a wonderful message for all children and adults alike. Ms.Brannon uses language that any third grade student can relate to and has the book set in the south, which for me is a definite plus.

The illustrations, done by Rachael Smith, are so vivid and wonderful. You just have to see them to believe.

I totally recommend this book for all children....it truly teaches life lessons that all children need to learn. Like I said, it can also be beneficial for adults as well.

I purchased this book today at a flea market where the author, Pat Brannon, had set up a table. This review is honest and my own opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments: